Golden Entertainment, Inc. Unveils Transformation of The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod with Party Hosted by Rock Icon Sammy Hagar
January 22, 2020
LAS VEGAS – Golden Entertainment, Inc. has completed over $100 million in renovations at The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod and will mark the official transition to the iconic property’s new identity with a party hosted by rock icon, Sammy Hagar, on Wednesday, Jan. 22. The STRAT will also launch an entirely new website with a new URL: www.TheSTRAT.com.
“With this comprehensive renovation of The STRAT, we are introducing a new era for the iconic Las Vegas Strip hotel and casino,” said Blake Sartini, chief executive officer of Golden Entertainment. “This includes elevated design, restaurants, bars, entertainment, rooms and a new Observation Deck, all accentuated by custom art installations created by talented local artists,”
Hagar will toast The STRAT and a new spirits partnership with Golden Entertainment, which will include the introduction of signature cocktails made with his premium spirits, Santo Tequila Blanco, Santo Mezquila and Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum, at REMIX Lounge, where he will be behind the bar from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
A full remodel of the entire 80,000-square-foot casino, which encompasses 750 slot machines and 44 tables, including a Baccarat pit, is now completed. Designed to improve sight lines and the flow of traffic to enhance the overall guest experience, the casino has been completely transformed. From the carpet to décor, the colors were inspired by the sky, sun, stars and moon with shades of blue and amber. Other new features include directional signage, a full redesign of the hotel registration area, and a video wall behind the box office.
The exterior has been renovated to deliver a striking new arrival for guests through new landscape architecture at the main entrance and surrounding the property; new exterior signage on the tower and at the porte cochere, where new LED is customized for holidays and special events; and a new LED screen showcasing vibrant video content.
Additional room renovations are also completed, with 574 of the total 2,427 rooms now part of The STRAT’s new Elevate series, showcasing contemporary design. The rooms are outfitted for modern technological needs, including a 55-inch television with accessible HDMI ports, a custom entertainment console and complimentary Wi-Fi; as well as with new beds and other furnishings, including areas for lounging and workspaces. In total, The STRAT has remodeled nearly 1,000 rooms with the recent introduction of the Elite room series and remodeled Grand and mini suites.
The centerpiece to several new art installations on the main casino floor is “Ebb & Flow,” a striking arrival piece inside the main entrance of The STRAT. The 104” x 255” sculpture by Manny Avila and the Blue Tree Group resembles two gold pieces of ribbon, intertwined, and is an expression of the city’s indisputable artistic talent, expressed by this piece that demonstrates balance and support.
The remodel, which began in mid-2018, also includes:
- The Observation Deck: The indoor level of the two-story Observation Deck has been completely remodeled with the additions of 108 Drinks, a scenic spot for craft cocktails; 108 Eats, serving handcrafted sandwiches and gourmet ice cream; interactive video maps; a stylish retail shop; and a new partnership for The STRAT’s controlled decent attraction, now known as SkyJump Powered by MTN DEW.
- Top of The World: The remodel of The STRAT’s iconic, award-winning restaurant, Top of the World, includes new carpet, striking new Kinon® tables, new furniture and top-of-the-line place settings, including Messermeister steak knives. The menu itself has been transformed to introduce a new take on steaks and seafood complemented by fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- BLVD & MAIN Taphouse: Located on the main casino floor near the main entrance next to the View Lounge, BLVD & MAIN Taphouse serves craft beer and elevated pub cuisine in a lively scene. An LED wall is customizable for multiple sporting events, one sporting event, or for special events. Growlers bring tap quality beer direct to tables.
- William Hill Sports Book: Developed in partnership with William Hill, the leading sports book operator in America, the William Hill Sports Book features the latest betting technology, a spacious setting with VIP booths and seating for 88, and a 110-foot wraparound high-resolution LED screen along with 12 additional HDTVs.
- Celestia: An all-new, one-of-a-kind immersive production experience produced by Intrigue Shows, Celestia is a tour de force of acrobatics, technology, artistry and imagination in a one-of-a-kind 30,000-square-foot theatrical tent located along the Las Vegas Strip. From mind-blowing contortion to the Wheel of Death act, Celestia’s world-class performers include favorites from NBC’s “America’s Got Talent,” including Sergey and Sasha, the hand and head
- balancing father-daughter duo featured on seasons 10 and 13, as well as the Sandou Trio Russian Bar, who appeared on seasons three and 11 and were also featured in the hit film, “The Greatest Showman.”
- STRAT Café: The new 24-hour STRAT Café serves elevated comfort cuisine, from classics such as country fried steak and eggs to the over-the-top double-double hangover burger, as well as an Asian-inspired menu that includes Hunan-style orange chicken and spicy peppered prawns, in a modern, reimagined diner atmosphere.
- REMIX Lounge: Located on the main casino floor, REMIX Lounge serves up signature cocktails, as well as hosts live music with bands performing 80s and 90s favorites, every weekend. REMIX is equipped with sound system technology from J.B.L., the company behind the sound in many of the modern movie theaters and stadiums around the world. The stage quickly converts into an HDTV projection screen with high-resolution video from a 12,000-lumen projector, making it ideal for taking in football games. The bar offers a combination of IGT, International Game Technology, and Aristocrat bar top games.
- View Lounge: Overlooking the energy of the William Hill Sports Book and main casino floor, the stylish View Lounge offers craft cocktails, small bites, HDTVs for sports viewing and a prime view for people watching.
- Art Installations: Among the dozens of custom art pieces now installed at The STRAT is “LOOK!,” the striking sculpture at the entryway on the corner of South Las Vegas Boulevard and West Bob Stupak Avenue. Comprised of three ascending figures made of stainless steel, “LOOK!” was created by a team of three local Las Vegas artists: Nick Stiley, Adin Fly and James Talbert. Other pieces include “Shimmer and Shine,” a fabrication inspired by the lights of Las Vegas, made by EcoMouse; and “Electric Lady,” a 155” x 66” mixed media piece by Katy Wright meant to showcase the impression of Las Vegas through movement, lights, colors and energy. Kevin Barry Fine Art has commissioned local artists for eye-catching pieces that honor Las Vegas, from the city’s storied history to today, for pieces throughout the hotel, tower and casino.
- Marshall Retail Group: has introduced three new retail shops: the ESSENTIALS and Welcome to Las Vegas gift shops on the main casino floor, as well as Exhilarate 108, located on the Observation Deck.
- Starbucks: America’s favorite coffee shop opened at a new location conveniently located near the main entrance and central elevator bank, offering a stylish setting for Starbucks’ signature roasts, blended drinks, grab-and-go snacks and fresh pastries.
The STRAT was the first of Golden Entertainment’s properties to introduce True Rewards, a comprehensive guest loyalty rewards program that is now available at 130+ locations which also includes Arizona Charlie’s Decatur and Arizona Charlie’s Boulder in Las Vegas; Aquarius Casino Resort, Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino Resort and Edgewater Hotel & Casino Resort in Laughlin, Nevada; Rocky Gap Casino Resort in Flintstone, Maryland; Pahrump Nugget Hotel & Casino, Gold Town Casino and Lakeside Casino & RV Park in Pahrump, Nevada. True Rewards has also replaced the current rewards program at all of PT’s Entertainment Group’s 66 taverns, including PT’s Pub, PT’s Gold, PT’s Ranch, PT’s Brewing Company, Sean Patrick’s, Sierra Gold and SG Bar; as well as is available at select Smith’s and Albertsons locations in Nevada, operated by Golden Entertainment’s distributed gaming division.
The STRAT offers complimentary self-parking and valet, which is conveniently located at the main entrance and corner of Las Vegas Boulevard and West Bob Stupak Avenue.
ABOUT The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod:
Voted #2 in USA Today’s “Best Las Vegas Casino 2019” category of the 10Best Readers' Choice Awards, The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod, formerly the Stratosphere, Casino, Hotel & Tower, has introduced a full reinvention of the iconic property since Golden Entertainment, Inc. took ownership in late 2017. Located on the north Strip at the gateway to the Arts District at 2000 S. Las Vegas Blvd., the hotel offers 2,427 guest rooms, including the newly remodeled “Elevate” series rooms and suites, and an 80,000-square-foot casino. The SkyPod, located at the top of the iconic tower at 1,149 feet high, is comprised of Top of the World, serving award-winning cuisine in a 360 degree rotating dining room on the 106th floor; 107 SkyLounge, located on the 107th floor, the Observation Deck, which offers SkyJump Powered by MTN DEW, 108 Eats and 108 Drinks, located on the 108th floor; and thrill rides, located at the top of the tower, including: Big Shot, Insanity and X-Scream. The STRAT’s main floor has recently introduced BLVD & MAIN Taphouse, View Lounge and STRAT Café, each offering chef-driven cuisine; the William Hill Sports Book; and REMIX Lounge. The STRAT offers two resort-style pools, the 21-and-over Radius Pool, located on the rooftop of the 25th floor, open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.; and the Elation Pool, with three oversized spas and poolside café, open daily for all ages from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. A variety of shops and entertainment include MJ LIVE, a Michael Jackson tribute show; and L.A. Comedy Club, which showcases up-and-coming stand-up comics. Golden Entertainment, Inc.’s innovative guest loyalty rewards program, True Rewards, is now available at The STRAT and 130+ other locations. Free valet and self-parking are available anytime for all guests. More information is available at www.TheSTRAT.com or by calling 702-380-7777. The STRAT is on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
About Golden Entertainment, Inc.
Golden Entertainment, Inc. owns and operates Golden Gaming, PT’s Entertainment Group and Golden Route Operations. Golden Gaming’s assets include 10 resort-casinos, including The STRAT Hotel, Casino and SkyPod, Arizona Charlie’s Decatur and Arizona Charlie’s Boulder in Las Vegas; Aquarius Casino Resort, Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino Resort and Edgewater Hotel & Casino Resort in Laughlin, Nevada.; Rocky Gap Casino Resort in Flintstone, Maryland; Pahrump Nugget Hotel & Casino, Gold Town Casino and Lakeside Casino & RV Park in Pahrump, Nevada. PT’s Entertainment Group is Nevada’s largest tavern operator with 66 taverns, including PT’s Pub, PT’s Gold, PT’s Ranch, PT’s Brewing Company, Sean Patrick’s, Sierra Gold and SG Bar. Golden Route Operations, one of the largest distributed gaming operations in the nation, operates more than 10,500 gaming devices in more than 1,000 locations across Nevada and Montana. The company operates more than 16,200 gaming devices, 114 table games, 5,168 hotel rooms, and provides jobs for approximately 7,000 employees. Golden Entertainment’s signature guest loyalty rewards program, True Rewards, offers players the opportunity to earn and spend rewards at 130+ locations. More information is available on the company’s website: https://www.goldenent.com/.
Lauren Cahlan/Rebecca Lane
(702) 868-4545 STRAT@WickedCreative.com
Pamela Torres of The STRAT Hotel, Casino and SkyPod (702) 380-7668