$50,000 2021 Blackjack Tournament
June 11, 2021 - June 12, 2021
Buy-in for $100
Tournament Promo Chip Prizes
(Play-til-you-lose Promo Chips)
1st • $20,000
2nd • $10,000
3rd • $5,000
4th • $5,000
5th-8th • $2,500 each
Friday, June 11
1pm - 8pm Registration • Located in front of Remix Lounge across from the tournament area in Pit 4.
3pm - 10:20pm Qualifying Rounds • 3pm, 3:20pm, 3:40pm, 4pm, 4:20pm, 4:40pm, 5pm, 5:20pm, 5:40pm, 6pm, 6:20pm, 6:40pm, 7pm, 7:20pm, 7:40pm, 8pm, 8:20pm, 8:40pm, 9pm, 9:20pm, 9:40pm, and 10pm • Located at the tournament area in Pit 4
Midnight - Top 64 Players Posted • Located in front of Remix Lounge across from the tournament area in Pit 4. The top 48 chip leaders will advance, plus the top sixteen (16) historically rated guests who RSVP for the event will be auto-qualified into the group of the top 64 players.
Saturday, June 12
5pm – 10pm - Hot Ace cards available for purchase Located in front of Remix Lounge across from the tournament area in Pit 4.
6pm – 1st Round Begins • 6pm, 6:15pm, 6:30pm, 6:45pm, 7pm, 7:15pm, 7:30pm, 7:45pm
8pm – 2nd Round Begins • 8pm, 8:15pm, 8:30pm, 8:45pm
9pm – 3rd Round Begins • 9pm, 9:15pm
9:30pm – 4th Round Begins (FINAL 8 share prize money)
9:45pm – 5th Round Begins
10:00pm – Final Table Begins
$50,000 2021 Blackjack Rules
June 11, 2021 (Qualifying Rounds); June 12, 2021 (Head-to-Head Rounds)
Friday, June 11 between 1pm and 8pm in front of Remix Lounge across from the tournament area in Pit 4.
Who can participate?
Invited participants and players who buy in. Must be a True Rewards® member. Employees of Golden Entertainment, Inc.; Arizona Charlie’s Decatur; Arizona Charlie’s Boulder; The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod; Aquarius Casino Resort; Edgewater Casino Resort and Golden Casino Group employees, its successors and assignees of sponsors, its advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this event are not eligible.
- True Rewards members may purchase entry into the blackjack tournament qualifying rounds on Friday, June 11 for $100. There is no limit to the number of entries they can purchase.
- Blackjack will be played with six (6) decks. All rounds will consist of ten (10) hands.
- Tournament will consist of one (1) qualifying round and a six (6) round head-to-head tournament.
- The Qualifying Rounds will be held on Friday, June 11 beginning at 3pm. The top 48 chip leaders will advance into the head-to-head tournament on Saturday, June 12.
- The top sixteen (16) historically rated guests who RSVP for the event will be auto-qualified into the group of 64 chip leaders.
- Each table in the qualifying round of the tournament will consist of three (3) players. Each Saturday table in the tournament will consist of two (2) players. Seat two (2) will play head-to-head with Seat four (4). One (1) player from each head-to-head will advance to the next round.
- $100 HOT ACE Rule: Participants can buy a HOT ACE card for $100 in cash or live chips, no markers. ($100 prepay – non-refundable if not used during the round).
- HOT ACE can be purchased at the tournament registration table prior to the start of the following round.
- Once the first hand of the round has been dealt, HOT ACE cards will no longer be available for purchase for that round.
- Only one HOT ACE card can be used per round by participant.
- HOT ACE card must be visible on the table next to the player’s chips at the start of the round.
- HOT ACE card must be used at the beginning of a hand to replace the first card of that hand.
- The HOT ACE card will be counted as an ace valued card.
- You can double down on the HOT ACE.
- The HOT ACE card will be the player’s first card and the dealer will skip them when dealing the player’s first card. The dealer will then deal the second card to all players including those using the HOT ACE.
- The participant must declare the use of the HOT ACE card during the betting sequence. The participant will announce the use of the HOT ACE card by placing it in front of their betting area. The participant will then place their wager in the betting circle.
- After the hand is completed, the dealer will retain the “HOT ACE,” win, lose or push.
- HOT ACE is only good for the round of purchase and cannot carry over to different rounds.
- Failure to use the HOT ACE card during the round will result in the HOT ACE card being voided. No refunds for non-use of HOT ACE. All unused HOT ACE cards must be turned into tournament staff immediately following that round.
- During a head-to-head round, if your opponent does not show up to play that round, bring your HOT ACE card to the registration table to trade for a HOT ACE card valid for the next round.
- The HOT ACE card can be used in all rounds, including the final round.
- Each player will receive $10,000 in tournament chips at the beginning of each round.
- All tournament chips must remain in full view of the tournament judges at all times and stacked in denominational order. Tournament chips may not be exchanged, borrowed or loaned between players. Failure to follow these rules may result in the disqualification and forfeiture of any prize money.
- A rotating marker will be used indicating “1st base.” Player with the “high card” will be 1st base in hand 1.
- The marker will move one position to the right after each hand is dealt.
- In the head-to-head rounds, if both players bust out. The second player to bust out is the one that will advance to the next round.
- All bets must be in multiples of $100 with a minimum bet of $100. There is no maximum bet.
- Blackjack pays 2-1.
- Even money bets are allowed. No insurance required on blackjack.
- Players may play only one hand at a time and must play in the circle located directly in front of them.
- When it is a player’s turn to bet, he/she will have approximately 30 seconds to bet, otherwise a $100 minimum bet will automatically be placed.
- If a dealer deals cards out of order, and no one has acted upon their hand, all hands are dead, unless there is action and then it is up to the tournament officials’ ruling.
- If a player has less than the minimum bet remaining, the player will automatically be eliminated from play.
- All chips must be counted before round results become official.
- The official tournament language is English and conversing in any other language will not be permitted.
- Communication, either verbal or visual (e.g. signaling) will not be permitted between players and spectators. This may result in disqualification and forfeiture of any prize money.
- No written or mechanical aids will be permitted.
- All players must report to his/her assigned seat five (5) minutes before the session starts.
- If a player is late to the table, the first card will be dealt five (5) minutes after the round has started. The late player will lose the table minimum bet for three (3) hands if not present by the start of the 4th hand and the player will be disqualified, and in the head-to-head the opponent will automatically advance.
- Tournament participants will not be allowed to discuss betting strategy with other participants during the play. IT IS THE PLAYER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO COMMUNICATE HIS/HER ACTION TO THE DEALER.
- Playoffs will be for advancement purposes only. In the event of a tie, the number of hands played will be determined by the number of players involved in the tie: three hands per player. Each player will be given a total of $1,000 in tournament chips and the playoff will begin.
- Any player who violates the official rules or becomes offensive to other players may be disqualified and subject to forfeiture of any prize money.
- Participant must be 21 years or older and have a True Rewards card.
- Spectators who draw attention to or comment on play or bets will be asked to leave the area of play.
- The STRAT tournament committee will not accept any private arrangements between tournament players, or the interchanging of sessions and/or seats. Tournament players may not arrange for substitute players.
- All disputes must be handled at the tournament table before the players leave the table.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the tournament committee will be final.
- The STRAT’s house rules will prevail over any situation not coved in the tournament rules.
- The STRAT reserves the right to change, alter or cancel tournament or tournament rules without notice.
- NO SMOKING WILL BE PERMITTED AT TABLES DURING TOURNAMENT PLAY.
- Employees of Golden Entertainment, Inc.; Arizona Charlie’s Decatur; Arizona Charlie’s Boulder; The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod; Aquarius Casino Resort; Edgewater Casino Resort and Golden Casino Group employees, its successors and assignees of sponsors, its advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this event are not eligible.
- Management reserves the right to make all final decisions regarding interpretation of rules and eligibility determinations for any promotion, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- These are the official tournament rules. Any rule relating to this blackjack tournament may be changed, modified, or cancelled by management at any time without notice, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Management reserves all rights to resolve any dispute or situation not covered by the official tournament rules and management’s decision shall be final and binding, subject to applicable laws and regulations.